[Mailman-Users] ImportError: No module named _md5

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Oct 29 19:26:48 CET 2007

On 10/29/07, Helmut Schneider wrote:

>  I'm running mailman 2.1.9 chrooted. Recently FreeBSD switched from Python2.4
>  to Python2.5 as default. As an effect mailman won't start anymore using
>  Python2.5:

I believe that Mailman 2.1.9 requires Python 2.4, preferably the
latest release of Python 2.4.  When they went to Python version 2.5,
my understanding is that they broke some things that Mailman depends
on.

I believe that Mailman 2.1.10 will probably be compatible with Python
2.5, but until then your only choice is to either downgrade the
system to Python 2.4, or to install a second copy of Python 2.4 and
rebuild Mailman to explicitly point to that alternative version.