[Mailman-Users] mmdsr question

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Oct 29 20:59:01 CET 2007

On 10/29/07, Troy Campbell wrote:

>  I'm trying to figure out how to find out the location of my queue
>  directory e.g.,
>  for the mmdsr script:
>
>  QUEUEDIR="/var/lib/mailman/qfiles"

That all depends on where your version of Mailman is configured to
store those files.

If you downloaded and installed the version of Mailman from our
official sources (see <http://www.list.org/download.html>), then the
location would be "/usr/local/mailman/qfiles/".

However, if you instead installed from a binary package that was
built by someone else, you'd need to find out where they put that
stuff.  Somewhere under /var is a good guess, but unless you find
someone who's installed the same binary package of Mailman on the
same platform, then you're left with doing a command like:

	# find /var -name qfiles -print

And hope that catches it.