[Mailman-Users] Comcast, Yahoo, Hotmail blocking us

Bob Brown bbrown at spsu.edu
Sat Sep 1 19:28:59 CEST 2007

> Also, is there a way to find out which major blacklists your server is
on
Try one of these:
http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
http://www.dnsbl.info/advanced.asp

You should probably check spamhaus.org directly here:
http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/

If you find yourself on one or more blacklists, visit the blacklist's Web
page for information on removal or whitelisting.

 -- Bob

mailman-users-bounces+bbrown=spsu.edu at python.org wrote on 09/01/2007
12:48:06 PM:

> Suddenly, these major ISP's were refusing our connections. We are not on
> their blacklists. This all started on one day.
>
> After a great deal of investigation by my sysadmin and my University IT
guys
> we have come to the conclusion that it might have been caused by
updating
> our mail gateway machine. We upgraded from an antiquated PIX to one that
is
> lightening fast. Plus we upgraded our bandwidth at the same time.
>
> So, what is happening is we are delivering the mail so fast that these
ISP's