[Mailman-Users] Where do I find mailman log file analysis tools

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Sep 18 01:37:46 CEST 2007

On 9/17/07, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

>  1. Where should the mmdsr file be placed? (any place or somewhere
>  within mailman directory tree?

It's a Bourne shell script, so it has no dependencies on Mailman,
other than you telling it where the Mailman logs exist, where the
Mailman queue directories exist, etc....  You should be able to put
it just about anywhere you want.

>  2. Should it have an *.sh extension or can it be run as such?

It shouldn't matter.  You should be able to do as you choose.

>  3. Your page mentions that as of mailman 2.1.7 the script is within
>  contrib directory. I have mailman 2.1.9 but could not find this
>  subdirectory. Not really important but I got curious why it was not
>  there.

Did you install Mailman from the source tarballs that we provide, or
did you do a binary package install?  If the latter, then we have no
control over what is done with our code by the people who prepare the
binary package, and you should ask them what happened.