[Mailman-Users] List Subscription Error

M. Onur ERGiN monurergin at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 12:33:17 CEST 2007

Yes, you are right. The subscribe policy is Confirm, so it is normal not to see any pending subscribe requests.

Using the list_pending script, I can see the emails which requested membership and pending for confirmation. But still, the subscribers don't receive any confirmation emails. And neither smtp, nor smtp-failure log nothing. Qmail (which is working fine) doesn't log anything related to this, either.

So, can you recommend anything but a reinstall?

regards,
Onur.

Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote: >M. Onur ERGiN wrote:

>>  I guess, I have missed to stress on one point in my question :) Along with those mailman logs, no requests happen to be pending in the list admin view.

I didn't specifically respond to this in my prior response, so ...

The subscribe_policy is either 'Confirm' or 'Confirm and Approve'. I
know this because of the 'pending' message in the subscribe log which
is logged when the user confirmation is sent. If it is 'Confirm', the
request never shows up in the admindb interface as it never requires
moderator action. If it is 'Confirm and Approve', it doesn't show up
in the admindb interface until after it is confirmed by the user.

The list_pending script I mentioned in my prior reply will show you if
it is waiting user confirmation.

--
Mark Sapiro        The highway is for gamblers,