[Mailman-Users] Mailman charset problems

Pál Viktor viktorpal at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 24 09:33:10 CEST 2007

Pál Viktor writes:

>> I have a problem with the mailman web interface output.
>> I use the hungarian translation, which should be generated as an
>> ISO-8859-2 html file, but it generates an UTF-8 output.
>> I have checked the text files which are related to the web output and
>> they are all in ISO-8859-2.
>I seem to recall that this is a known bug, and I believe it was fixed
>after Mailman 2.1.5.  You should see if there is a more recent version
>of mailman packaged by Ubuntu.  The fix may be fairly recent, and
>there are known security problems fixed in each revision.  You should
>get the most recent version available, currently 2.1.9.

I made a dist upgrade on my ubuntu from dapper to edgy.
Now I have mailman version 2.1.9-4ubuntu1~edgy1.
The problem is solved 90%.
There is the page /cgi-bin/mailman/admin/LISTNAME.
I do not mean the admin page itself, but the page where you are
prompted to give the administrator password for the list.
On this page there are still parts in UTF-8. The part above the hr tag.
As I see all the other pages seem to be ok.
The files which contain the text of this page are in ISO-8859-2.

It's a little bit strange.


More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list