[Mailman-Users] Beginner questions

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Sep 29 09:16:12 CEST 2007

On 9/28/07, Chris Arnold wrote:

>  I have a dns entry that points to the webserver and a mx record that
>  points to the webserver. I just thought of something that might be
>  causing the problem: the "real" mail server serves the virtual domain
>  that the list also is for.  It appears all mail is going to that
>  mailserver and the user does not exist on the mailserver.

Right, so either you need to change the list address to be
"listname at webserver.yourdomain.example.com", or you need to set up
those aliases on your main mail server, as previously discussed.

Alternatively, you can still add a new hostname called
"lists.yourdomain.example.com" which has the same IP address as the
webserver, and has an MX record which points to the same IP address,
and then you need to change all your mailing lists to be
"listname at lists.yourdomain.example.com".