[Mailman-Users] alias question...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 1 20:23:13 CEST 2008

Dov Oxenberg wrote:

> Before I go on a wild goose chase...here are the contents of my
> master.cf file - does this look normal?  What I mean is, does it appear
> as though I am missing anything?
>
> #
> # Postfix master process configuration file. For details on the format
> # of the file, see the master(5) manual page (command: "man 5 master").
> #
> # ==========================================================================
> # service type private unpriv chroot wakeup maxproc command + args
> # (yes) (yes) (yes) (never) (100)
> # ==========================================================================
> smtp inet n - - - - smtpd

Well I have chroot 'n' on the above and other entries, but I don't think
that's the problem.

In an earlier post where you indicated your main.cf settings, you had

inet_interfaces = 127.0.01all

At the time, I thought this was a result of hotmail garbling your
message, but perhaps it's not and that's the problem. If you have

inet_interfaces = all

that should be sufficient to accept mail from anywhere, or you could
have a list of IP addresses including 127.0.0.1 which will allow you to
send mail plus your incoming addresses. Even

inet_interfaces = 127.0.0.1 all

would work although the 127.0.0.1 is redundant in this case, but if you
have 127.0.01all with no whitespace preceding 'all', I think that's your
problem.