[Mailman-Users] mailman footer

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Wed Apr 2 05:11:21 CEST 2008

Prashanth wrote:
> Hi,
>
>        which variable has the e-mail id of the receptionist and if i
> need to add that in the footer where should i set that. In the
> Non-digest option i said %(member)s but it shows that as such

Don't forget to turn on personalization!

I usually use this as my footer on the lists I host:

To change your list options and get your account info for %(real_name)s:
%(user_optionsurl)s

More from the help page on msg_footer option:

When personalization
<https://www.wingfoot.org/mailman/admin/offthemap/?VARHELP=nondigest/personalize>
is enabled for this list, additional substitution variables are allowed
in your headers and footers:

    * *user_address* - The address of the user, coerced to lower case.
    * *user_delivered_to* - The case-preserved address that the user is
      subscribed with.
    * *user_password* - The user's password.
    * *user_name* - The user's full name.
    * *user_optionsurl* - The url to the user's option page.

Best,
--Glenn