[Mailman-Users] Hosted Mailman or roll your own ?

Jon Hind wjonhind at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:33:29 CEST 2008

I Have a single mailman list with about 16 subscribers on Dreamhost. It's a
private family mailing list.

On dreamhost ones only interface is via the web admin interface which means
that I Can't see the logs and can't manually edit any of the mailman files.

I have problems with duplicate messages which I Haven't solved and also I
feel the geeky need to get at the nuts and bolts.

I should say that I'm not an IT professional, more of a long term dabbler.
Also I Have limited time to poke around with stuff, but have found that by
looking at the code on web type stuff really short circuits my learning
proceses.

 SO I was wondering if any others have made the switch from running a closed
mailman system to one of their own ? And for one list is it worth it ?

Cheers.

--
Jon