[Mailman-Users] Am I correct that mailman will work with a remote SmartHost?

billc billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Thu Apr 10 21:24:29 CEST 2008

At 9:50 PM -0500 4/9/08, Brad Knowles wrote:

>Keep in mind that you still need to have some way to get the mail
>*into* Mailman, and you need some way to update the aliases that tell
>the MTA what mailing lists exist and what command should be run as a
>result.

I set mine up last month and used Fetchmail to pull the messages from
remote mailboxes and dump them into Mailman.  It's working great.

I set up Postfix on the host machine but turned off SMTP access from
anything but localhost.  I suspect I could probably eliminate Postfix
entirely and simply relay from Mailman to a smarthost, but I haven't
gotten to that yet.

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>