[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.10rc1 has been released

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Apr 17 01:48:19 CEST 2008

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> [1]  True, with some effort you can shut those aliases off, but that
> will invalidate many of the information web pages, and for that reason
> the secure configuration has not been made default, and probably that
> will be postponed to Mailman 2.2.

I'd be really surprised if that ever becomes the default, because there are
so many other ways in which backscatter can be generated -- either by
Mailman, or any other MLM.

Yes, in the future I would hope there would be options available to the site
admin, or ideally also to the list admin, to reduce backscatter generation,
but they should address all potential sources of backscatter and not just
the aliases.