[Mailman-Users] compile problems with mailman-2.1.10/11

b-vol lux-integ at btconnect.com
Thu Aug 7 10:45:42 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 03:29:13 pm Mark Sapiro wrote:
> I've seen this exact problem myself. In my case, I had python 2.4.3
> installed in /usr and I installed python 2.5.1 from source in
> /usr/local. I don't remember the details, but I played around with
> symlinks and made some progress, but ultimately removed python 2.5.1
> and reinstalled it in /usr and that solved the problem.
>
> This is not a Mailman problem, It is a Python installation problem. I
> think if you just start an interactive Python and type 'import md5'
> you'll see the same thing.

thanks for your help.

I  have python installed in /usr.  I also symlinked /usr/lib/md5.py (et al)
and /usr/lib/hashlib.py(et al) to /usr/local/lib and it made no difference.
The problem is not the compilation but the installation.  I notice just now
that in the Makefile  the field DESTDIR is left blank.      Could this be
what is causing the problems and  is so what could be a suitable fix?

suggestions welcomed

lux-integ