[Mailman-Users] Digest options -> list configuration

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Aug 8 06:48:55 CEST 2008

On 8/7/08, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>  After some off list back and forth, Alan determined that the problem was
>  that the mailman user had /bin/false as a login shell. Once that was
>  changed, the script worked as expected.

Was this on a Solaris box?  I've had problems with them lately not
allowing cron jobs to run under a specific userid, even if they were
in the /etc/cron.allow list, unless the user had a valid password
hash and a valid shell.

One of the more screwed-up things I've seen from a Solaris box
lately, I tell you....