[Mailman-Users] changes at aol

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 9 21:17:24 CEST 2008

Rick Pasotto wrote:

>On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 01:49:50PM -0500, Robert Braver wrote:
>> On Saturday, August 9, 2008, 1:40:19 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
>>
>> SS> On 08/09/2008 12:16 PM, Robert Braver wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> SS> If you add personalization in the footer, AOL will not redact it.
>>
>> Today, yes, but not after the changes being made by AOL that is the
>> subject of this thread.
>
>The messages I got back from AOL included a header line like:

>That 'username' tells me who the AOL member is. Are you saying that will
>be redacted with the new response format?

You see that format in the Return-Path: header and maybe also in the
Sender: and Errors-To: headers because the envelope sender is VERP'd.
If your MTA is doing the VERP, its only in the Return-Path:. If
Mailman is doing the VERP because VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES is Yes
and/or VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1, then it's in the other headers too.

I was going to suggest you try VERP before I saw this post, however, I
don't know the answer to your question. I think you'll have to wait
and see.

Also, Message-ID was mentioned earlier in this thread. Unless you make
changes to Mailman, you can't identify the recipient from the
Message-ID because the post is sent to all recipients with the
Message-ID of the original incoming message.