[Mailman-Users] policy errors ..

Khalil Abbas khillo100 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 10 01:04:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

 I have a dedicated server with debian operating system installed..

I used the following command line to install mailman:

apt-get install mailman

then used:
 bin/checkperms

 to check my installation and found 76 errors .. then I ran:

bin/checkperms -f

to fix and it fixed most of them but still there are 11 errors nomatter how much I repeat the command .. I also checked the FAQ about policies and stuff but it didn't give a satisfying answer, the errors are :

/var/lib/mailman/logs bad group (has: root, expected list)/var/lib/mailman/cron bad group (has: root, expected list)/var/lib/mailman/locks bad group (has: root, expected list)/var/lib/mailman/scripts bad group (has: root, expected list)/var/lib/mailman/mail bad group (has: root, expected list)/var/lib/mailman/pythonlib bad group (has: root, expected list)/var/lib/mailman/templates bad group (has: root, expected list)/var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin bad group (has: root, expected list)/var/lib/mailman/Mailman bad group (has: root, expected list)/var/lib/mailman/bin bad group (has: root, expected list)/var/lib/mailman/icons bad group (has: root, expected list)

please help ..

Thanks..