[Mailman-Users] Topics

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 15 21:33:17 CEST 2008

Howard L. Funk wrote:

>I would like to add to this form and script the ability to select
>topics rather than having the user go to the options page.
>
>Is there something I can add after mylist-subscribe at mymailman.com
>that would pass along the correct parameters for setting a topic choice?

No. Topics can't be set by email or as an integral part of a
subscription. They can only be set by the options CGI.

That doesn't mean you can't post to the options CGI from your own web
form, but the user must be a member, and you have to know the user's
password to do this. In other words, this is a two step process. You
have to first subscribe the user including any confirmation or
approval, and only after that can you set topics.