[Mailman-Users] Confused on Vhost and URL's

audit audit at c2security.org
Fri Feb 1 01:41:26 CET 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> audit wrote:
>
>> I converted some mail lists over from one domain to another when I
>> changed from sendmail to postfix. Everything's working great except for
>> one problem. When I run the command  flatlined /usr/local/mailman#
>> bin/withlist -l -r fix_url bb-help -u www.domain.com then the lists info
>> shows as If you are having trouble using the lists, please contact
>> mailman at www.domain.com.
>>
>> I'm trying to get rid of the please contact mailman at www.domain.com and
>> have it show as mailman at domain.com
>>
>> If I run it as bin/withlist -l -r fix_url bb-help -u domain.com
>> then it does but then it doesn't show up as being on the public mail
>> lists under http://www.domain.com/mailman/listinfo
>

> Make sure you have
>
>  > add_virtualhost('www.domain.com', 'domain.com')
>
> in mm_cfg.py. Then run the first command above. fix_url sets the
> webhost from the -u option and then tries to look up the corresponding
> email host. If there is no add_virtualhost() for the web host, the
> lookup fails and fix_url uses the web host as the email host.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
I followed the guide at http://www.freebsddiary.org/mailman.php when I
set this up and it said that I didn't need to use the
add_virtualhost('www.domain.com', 'domain.com') because I'm using
postfix-to-mailman.py script in my master.cf file as

mailman   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
   flags=FR user=mailman argv=/usr/local/mailman/postfix-to-mailman.py
   ${nexthop} ${user}

Now to send a message to one of the lists and make sure everything works.

John