[Mailman-Users] Needs help during tranisition

Visvanath Ratnaweera ratnaweera at dplanet.ch
Sun Feb 3 09:17:07 CET 2008

Hi Mark, hi all

Ref: Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> 03.02.2008 08:29
> Visvanath Ratnaweera wrote:
> >
> >I did a straightforward transition roughly as described in
> >http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-January/055208.html
> >
> >Now when I visit http://OURHOST/mailman/admin/OURLIST and enter
> >password, I get
> >---
> >Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9
> >
> >[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/mailman/lists/OURLIST/config.pck.tmp.OURHOST.12889'
> >Feb 02 23:15:27 2008 admin(12889): @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
>
> Check that the owner:group and permissions on this directory are the
> same as other directories in /usr/local/mailman/lists/, e.g.
> /usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman/.

Thanks! That took me further. (Sorry for these obvious questions.
I've installed this list one time years ago and it simply worked.
Now trying to recover from a disk crash - between official duties).

Now I can login to the adminstration interface. My first test mail
bounced from Postfix "No such local recipient". Then I checked/
corrected the steps in
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/node13.html

Now my test mails get vanished somewhere (not delivered, not
bounced). How should I trace this?

regards
Visvanath