[Mailman-Users] Getting python errors with bin/arch

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Wed Feb 6 18:55:58 CET 2008

Hi,

I am trying to rebuild archives -- actually porting archives over from
another machine and then doing a rebuild, but the problem below shows up
inb all the archives.

I run the command "bin/arch small_centers" and get the following error:

#00000 <9c4d764c0802060656j1828bf41sbb8176d146fcbd9f at mail.gmail.com>
figuring article archives
2008-February
Pickling archive state into
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/small_centers/pipermail.pck
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/arch", line 200, in <module>
    main()
  File "bin/arch", line 188, in main
    archiver.processUnixMailbox(fp, start, end)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 580, in
processUnixMailbox
    self.add_article(a)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 624, in
add_article
    author = fixAuthor(article.decoded['author'])
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 62, in
fixAuthor
    while i>0 and (L[i-1][0] in lowercase or
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xb5 in position 26:
ordinal not in range(128)

This actually looks like a problem in a specific email message in the
archive.  How do I identify the mesand how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Tanner