[Mailman-Users] OT: Barracuda Reputation

Karl Zander kwz-mm at commpartners.com
Wed Feb 6 19:23:08 CET 2008

This is not specific to the Mailman software but more related to list
management. Our lists are getting blocked by sites using the Barracuda
reputation service.

   blocked using Barracuda Reputation

I am trying to figure out how this operates. I know how to get off of
the CBL or that spamcop will remove the block after a time of no more
spam and the AOL has their postmaster feedback loop. Is there any way
to interact with the Barracuda Reputation service?

Our lists are locked down to only members. We do not allow any type of
sign-up. Members on the lists are heavily vetted before they can even
join.

Our challenge is the subject matter of the list. Discussions are on
this sub-prime  mess and other types of financial scams against
consumers. When you start talking a lot about these topics many spam
filters will pick up on it.

We have asked members to whilelist the Mailman server IP and address.
For whatever reason, not everyone is able to do that. Does anyone know
if there is any type of feedback loop to this Barracuda Reputation
service?

--Karl