[Mailman-Users] can't get self post after enabling "Receive yourown posts to the list"

Forrest Sheng Bao forrest.bao at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 05:49:11 CET 2008

No, I don't think so. I am also using the mailing list of other groups. They
are running on Mailman and I can get the posts sent by myself.

Brad, which FAQ did you refer to? I only found this one here :
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/faq.html
I can't index to 2.8

On Feb 7, 2008 11:39 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> Forrest Sheng Bao wrote:
> >
> >I am just beginning to use Mailman and found a strange problem. I haven
> >enabled "*Receive your own posts to the list*" in my personal options.
> Since
> >I am also the admin, I also unchecked the "not metoo" box of myself at
> >membership administration section. But I found that I still couldn't get
> the
> >posts I sent. Can someone tell me why?
>

> Because you're using gmail.
>
> Gmail has a "feature" that if an incoming message is a duplicate (same
> message ID) of one already in your inbox or sent folder, it ignores it.
>
> --

Forrest Sheng Bao
Ph.D. student, Dept. of Computer Science
M.Sc. student, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Texas Tech University, USA
http://fsbao.net
1-806-577-4592

You are encouraged to use the language you prefer. I can understand Mandarin
and English. I can read both traditional and simplified Chinese, as well as
English.