[Mailman-Users] Confirmation "Cookie" Content

Webb, Steven swebb at asce.org
Fri Feb 8 22:28:55 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to determine how the "cookie" value used for invite
confirmations is generated and/or where it is stored.

We are looking into using another system outside of Mailman, such as
Lyris, to send broadcast emails to invite users to our mailman lists.
We'd like to include the URL to confirm their subscription in our
emails, but I can't find any information about how the confirmation
value is generated.  We'd need to be able either to generate the value
ourselves outside of Mailman, or figure out a way to dump a list of
email addresses needing confirmation with the confirmation value.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Steven R. Webb
Software Engineer