[Mailman-Users] Regular expressions in list config files?

bernholdtde at ornl.gov bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Tue Feb 19 20:58:22 CET 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:35:12 -0800  Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Are you saying you see this with bin/dumpdb of the config.pck. If so,
> that's just the way python is showing the representation of the
> string. It is not the actual value of the string. If you doubt that,
> try 'strings' instead of 'bin/dumpdb'.

Ah, that seems to be it.  dumpdb, config_list, and the web u/i all
show the quoting of the backslashes, but strings on the pickle show it
as I entered it.  (Too bad such things don't "roundtrip" properly
through tools that are supposed to do that, like config_list and the
web u/i.)

So the next question is why doesn't the header_filter_rules appear to
be working? Message are getting held (which is what I'm doing for
testing purposes), but the indicated reason is non-subscriber posting
rather than the header filter. (Both conditions are true for the
majority of junk that comes through, but there are some lists where I
really do need to allow legitimate non-subscriber posts, with
moderator approvals.)

As I understand it, SpamDetect runs before Hold, and I thought that
the first exception kicked it out of the handler processing.

Is there some logging I can turn on to see more details as to what's
going on in here?

Thanks
David E. Bernholdt                   |   Email: bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   Phone: +1 (865) 574 3147
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~bernhold/   |   Fax:   +1 (865) 576 5491