[Mailman-Users] Mailman postings deferred by Yahoo

Rick Harris rick at learntime.com
Wed Feb 20 12:15:58 CET 2008

My hosting company tells me that the mail logs indicate that the majority of
Mailman's messages to Yahoo addresses return a "deferred" message.  Here is
the complete message:

whateveraddress at yahoo.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (0): SMTP error
from remote mail server after initial connection: host g.mx.mail.yahoo.com
[206.190.53.191]: 421 4.7.0 [TS02] Messages from 216.104.33.122 temporarily
deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.56.1; see
http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts02.html

All of my outgoing email uses the same server located at 216.104.33.122 and
any single email that I send to any Yahoo address using any client is
received just fine.

My Mailman list is very small with < 20 members and only 3 Yahoo addresses
and the user complaint thing is bogus. This is a golf list for crying out
loud.all of the members want to know what their tee times are for Saturday!
All of Yahoo addresses have the same issue, even my own which I added to the
list for testing.   And I said majority, because 1 in 15 or so messages will
miraculously come through.

Does anyone else have any experience with this, and is there something that
I can do on my end that would help?

Rick Harris