[Mailman-Users] Mailman postings deferred by Yahoo

Adam Gabriel AGabriel at jcschools.stier.org
Wed Feb 20 13:39:09 CET 2008

This sounds like an anitspam tactic to me. Messages addressed to multiple recipients are deferred, since a lot of spammers won't try sending a deferred message again; It's not worth their time or resources to keep track of deferred messages, and then go back and retry them. A legitimate mail will go through, just not until your MTA sends it a second time, upon which their servers will most likely accept it.

>>> On 2/20/2008 at 6:15 AM, in message <006c01c873b1$f8442400$e8cc6c00$@com>, "Rick Harris" <rick at learntime.com> wrote:
My hosting company tells me that the mail logs indicate that the majority of
Mailman's messages to Yahoo addresses return a "deferred" message.  Here is
the complete message: