[Mailman-Users] Mailman postings deferred by Yahoo

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Wed Feb 20 13:33:53 CET 2008

On 2/20/08 6:06 AM, Rick Harris at rick at learntime.com wrote:

> Thank you for the response.
> I have spent time testing individual mail to the same addresses from the
> same source and I am successful.
> What I failed to note in my posting is that this occurs when the mail is
> going to multiple addresses as in a normal post.  If I go into my list and
> turn everyone off except for my Yahoo address, it will work EVERY time.
> Then I go back in and turn all of the addresses back on and the Yahoo
> addresses get "deferred" including mine.
> I'm not blaming Mailman...I'm just asking if there is something about
> Mailman that I can change that will overcome this.  Changing anything about
> Yahoo would be like changing heaven and earth.  Surely, someone else is
> experiencing this issue.

Turn on VERP or full personalization. That will force mailman to generate a
separate message for each recipient and Yahoo will see several messages each
addresses to one recipient rather than one message addressed to multiple

Unfortunately, when a recipient chooses to use a free e-mail service, they
get what they're paying for.
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com