[Mailman-Users] Mailman postings deferred by Yahoo

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Feb 20 17:00:40 CET 2008

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:48:17 -0500
"Brian Carpenter" <brian at emwd.com> wrote:

> I really think the best option is to get our mailman list subscribers to
> start using another e-mail provider. I think Yahoo should be sued for their
> interference of legitimate e-mail communications and the way they have
> wasted a large number of ISPs' time by the process that they make us go
> through to try to get white listed with them or to even be placed upon their
> feedback loop. In fact I haven't come across one ISP yet who has had their
> servers successfully white listed with yahoo.

ISP? What ISP? I manage only the mail server of an OSS project,
nothing fancy (although we produce as many mails as a small ISP).
And all that in my free time too. Yahoo is definitly not worth
the time i invested sofar to resolve this issue.

And yes, no other free mailer made that much trouble. Even GMX which
is known to be a pain is quite responsive if they see it comes from a
fellow admin.

Well, we'll see what happens. I'm quite sure you'll hear about
it if i "ban" yahoo.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred