[Mailman-Users] Mailman postings deferred by Yahoo

Wed Feb 20 21:21:34 CET 2008

On 2/20/2008, Brian Carpenter (brian at emwd.com) wrote:
>>> I think Yahoo should be sued for their interference of legitimate
>>> e-mail communications

>> Sorry, I just don't see this... they are providing a FREE service.
>>
>> If you aren't happy with it, go somewhere else.
>>
>> What I would do if I were you is simply warn people about
>> problematic email services, and let them know that their messages
>> may be delayed, or even disappeared.

> Since I am the ISP whose communications are being interfered with by
> yahoo, I am not sure where I could go. I am not sure where you got
> the idea I was using yahoo's services.

Right... badly worded, but my last paragraph is still the meaning I
intended to convey...

Maybe better:

No one has a 'Right' to talk to anyone else's mail server.

If they aren't playing well, document it: let anyone who uses your
services know that if THEY choose to use a problematic service, that is
their choice and their risk (of lost messages).

--

Best regards,

Charles