[Mailman-Users] Mailman postings deferred by Yahoo

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 21 02:53:23 CET 2008

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Mark Sapiro writes:
>
> > Then I read further and found "To participate in the program,
> > senders must sign their outbound emails with DomainKeys (DKIM is
> > not currently supported)."
> >
> > This is the second time in recent weeks that some large mail service
> > has used it's 600 lb. gorilla status to try to coerce me into
> > something, and I don't like it.
>
>C'mon, Mark, you know that the only problem here is that there's no
>accepted standard; they have to authenticate "you" somehow (do you
>really want me to be able to spoof you and get information about your
>mail to Yahoo customers?), and the right "you" to authenticate is the
>apparent source of allegedly objectionable mail.  So it's going to be
>SPF or DomainKeys or something like that.

That's not what I understood it to say. I understand they need to
authenticate me somehow as the person authorized to receive reports
about my mail to yahoo.com recipients, but I thought it said that in
order for me to participate in the feedback program at all, my mail to
yahoo.com recipients had to be signed with DomainKeys.