[Mailman-Users] Moving a list from 2.1.9.CP2 to 2.1.9

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Sun Feb 24 14:41:21 CET 2008

Hi Brian,

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Carpenter [mailto:brian at emwd.com]
Sent: 24 February 2008 13:35
To: Andrew Hodgson; mailman-users at python.org
Subject: RE: [Mailman-Users] Moving a list from 2.1.9.CP2 to 2.1.9

>Andrew Hodgson wrote:
>> Hi,

[...]

>> Is there any difference between the two versions, or is the CP2
version
>> just used in a specific Distro?  I did check to see if I was on the
>> latest version from Etch, and would prefer to keep this version, as
it
>> is updated as required when doing a system update in Debian.

>The cp2 version means that your list is on a cPanel server that is
running
>mailman. It's not a newer version but a modified one to fit in with the
way
>cPanel runs things on their servers. So technically it's not a
downgrade at
>all.

Ok, thanks for that.  Is that going to make things more complex to
transfer the list, as this machine is hosted by the ISP, and I think
they only use the web interface to access the configurations for
websites, email accounts etc.  If I do get shell access, as this list is
running on the CPanel environment, will various directories be different
etc?

At least I have a clearer set of searches to do now :).

Thanks.
Andrew.