[Mailman-Users] Delete message in large mbox

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Feb 25 21:37:02 CET 2008

Odieresis [Gmail] writes:

 > Do you think there is an easier way to do these cleanings? A sort of
 > webmail interface?

Maybe this could be done in the long run, but the problem is finding a
given message in the large mailbox.  This can't be done effectively
over the web.  If you have shell access, I would use Python to set up
the mbox file as a Python mailbox object, then loop over messages
saving each to a copy mbox until you find similar to the one (eg,
matching subject) you're looking for, let the user choose whether to
skip that, and continue until done.  (Sorry, I don't have code off the
top of my head.)