[Mailman-Users] New Mailman Installation

Mike - W0TMW mikew at crucis.net
Thu Feb 28 21:03:24 CET 2008

I've just started Mailman on a new Fedora 7 box.  It's been quite a
while since I used MM, my previous box ran on RH9.

There are some things that I need to be refreshed and I haven't found
them yet in the docs.

1. When creating a new list, must the maillist mail addresses be created
manually? Can they be aliased to existing e-mail addresses?

2. I seem to remember that MM could be configured for broadcast only,
i.e., for announcement to a fixed audience.  I don't see that option in
the admin screens.  How would MM be configured for this use?

Any info will be appreciated.

Mike W

--
"Lose not thy airspeed lest the ground rises up and smites thee." - Anon.