[Mailman-Users] Generating list archive from a mbox file

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Jul 3 16:29:54 CEST 2008

Nitin Bhadauria wrote:

> Please don't say that there is no way to get the archive back because i
> have to get them any how, even if i need to create whole archive manually.

Sorry, if the archiving function was turned off, then Mailman didn't keep
any copies of the messages in question and there would be nothing to restore.

> But i don't want to wast that much of time. That why i am looking for an
> other option.

If you can find someone else who has a complete copy of all the messages in
question, and they can convert that into a 7th edition "mbox" format file,
the site admin can then import that with bin/arch and restore that part of
the archive.

Otherwise, I don't think there's any other solution to your problem.