[Mailman-Users] Confirmation-less subscription: avoiding "results of your email commands" mail

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Jul 3 17:40:24 CEST 2008

Thomas Kappler wrote:

> I'm another one in the long row of people striving for confirmation-less
> subscription.

We don't want to make this process too easy.  That would make it trivial to
abuse Mailman into a spamming tool, and I think that's something we actively
want to avoid.

>                I've read the FAQ and am aware that mailman is not a CRM,
> and we'd be totally content with it if subscribing would work without
> requiring any actions by our users.

You can always use the "mass subscribe" feature, and just subscribe the
users without inviting them.  Of course, then you are getting a lot closer
to that line where you're spamming those people as opposed to doing a proper
double-opt-in mailing list.