[Mailman-Users] Input text when admin rejected mail

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 9 16:51:18 CEST 2008

Mak Dara wrote:

>I want to input my own text, when i reject mail. when i put it into "If you reject this post,
>please explain (optional) " box, it's display like message below:
>
>"Your request to the Gender mailing list
>
>    Posting of your message titled "Hi"
>
>has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
>following reason for rejecting your request:
>
>"Your mail has been rejected.
>
>The gender mailing list is to be used as electronic means to share
>information and knowledge, and to discuss on gender issues in
>Cambodia. Any mail on non-related issues will be rejected."
>
>Any questions or comments should be directed to the list administrator
>at:    gender-owner at lists.open.org.kh"
>
>But when i rejected message, i want to send message below to sender
>"Your mail has been rejected.
>
>The gender mailing list is used as electronic communication mean to share information and knowledge, and to discuss on gender mailing issues on Cambodia. Any mail on non-related topic will be rejected. "

The additional text you see in the notice comes from the template named
refuse.txt. See <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9> for information about
making edited templates to apply sitewide, by domain or by list.

Keep in mind however that if you remove the bulk of this text from the
template and then reject a post without giving a reason, the resultant
message to the poster will be very uninformative.