[Mailman-Users] Hard drive is full

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Jul 11 18:10:33 CEST 2008

On 10-Jul-08, at 11:35 PM, Bill Christensen wrote:
> At 1:19 PM -0400 7/10/08, Simon wrote:
>> This doesn't help you much now, but this is why it is a good idea
>> to keep anything that stores data (mail, temp directories, etc) on
>> a separate partition from your / directory.
> On that note... is there anything to look out for with moving the
> archives elsewhere?  Can they just be moved and a symlink put in
> their place?  Or is it best to define the path in a config file
> (and if so, which one)?

They can just be moved and a symlink used, as long as your web server
doesn't object.  I'm pretty sure I did this on one server that had
some poorly chosen partition sizes and the list archive data wound up
having to go on its own hard drive for a while.

Just watch that you shutdown mailman for a minute while you move
files and set up the simlink so that it's not trying to write to
space that gets pulled out from under it.

  Terri