[Mailman-Users] Moderation in mass subscribes, and moderator member list view

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 11 18:58:28 CEST 2008

Michael Welch wrote:

>On one of my lists, I want to put some folks, but not others, on moderation as I invite them. Is there some coding I can add to the end of their entry in the mass subscribe box or something I am missing?

As Brad said, there is no 'one step' way to do this.

>Also, I was surprised to see that my moderator does not have access to changing the moderation status of list members. And I do not find an opportunity to give them that access. Am I missing something?

A person with the list moderator password only does not have access to
the admin Membership pages, but on the admindb page, when a post is
held because it is from a moderated member, there is a checkbox in the
entry for that post to "Clear this member's moderate flag".

So the moderator cannot set a member to moderated nor arbitrarily set a
member to unmoderated, but the moderator can set a member unmoderated
as part of accepting (or not) a moderated post from that member.