[Mailman-Users] Error During Attempt to Unsuscribe

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 17 18:18:15 CEST 2008

Dylan Jenkinson wrote:

> This works, but sends out an unsubscribe message which, for my purposes
> is unwanted. So I went on to use the following string to try to
> unsubscribe without the messages:
>

> When I try this by just typing it into the address box in my browser it
> comes up with a page that says "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9", and when
> sent from the webpage, it does nothing.

I think the 'bug' is because you haven't set
send_unsub_notifications_to_list_owner and send_unsub_ack_to_this_batch.
The bug traceback in Mailman's error log will give details, but I gather
you may not have access to this log.

You will want to set them anyway. Add
&send_unsub_notifications_to_list_owner=0&send_unsub_ack_to_this_batch=0
to your URL.