[Mailman-Users] list archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 17 19:14:17 CEST 2008

Michael Welch wrote:
> Hi Friends. I have noticed that this list's archives include 3 months
> which have not happened yet.
>
> How has this occurred, and what will happen when we reach that date
> and new posts crash into the improperly dated archives?

As Dragon notes, this is because the original posts had bad Date:
headers. In more recent Mailman versions, this is prevented by (from
Defaults.py)

ARCHIVER_CLOBBER_DATE_POLICY = 2
ARCHIVER_ALLOWABLE_SANE_DATE_SKEW = days(15)

Nothing bad will happen when we reach those dates. In fact, it's
happened before. IIRC, there were '2008' posts from years back that we
have already caught up to.

See <http://wiki.list.org/x/OIA9>.