[Mailman-Users] list archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 17 19:14:17 CEST 2008

Michael Welch wrote:
> Hi Friends. I have noticed that this list's archives include 3 months
> which have not happened yet.
> How has this occurred, and what will happen when we reach that date
> and new posts crash into the improperly dated archives?

As Dragon notes, this is because the original posts had bad Date:
headers. In more recent Mailman versions, this is prevented by (from

Nothing bad will happen when we reach those dates. In fact, it's
happened before. IIRC, there were '2008' posts from years back that we
have already caught up to.

See <http://wiki.list.org/x/OIA9>.