[Mailman-Users] Mailman and virtual mailhosting (postfix)

Jens Meyer jm2 at jensmeyer.de
Thu Jul 24 10:37:30 CEST 2008

Hello!

Thank you for your patient clarifications!

Yes, I understand: Internally Mailman uses only the listname. And the
domainname/hostname.

Perhaps another explanation is helpful (from postfix-side):

To get Mailman working the following configuration is needed actually:
myhostname = mail.myserver.de
mydomain   = myserver.de
mydestination       = $myhostname, $mydomain, localhost

But I want/need to change this to (working before without problems):
myhostname = mail.myserver.de
mydomain   = myserver.de
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost

because $mydomain is used by virtual mailsystem (postfix-warning: "Jul
24 10:32:19 lovejoy postfix/trivial-rewrite[31288]: warning: do not list
domain myserver.de in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains").

How can I avoid this warning (without removal of the other
email-handling for myserver.de)?

Kind regards,

        Jens