[Mailman-Users] How can one forward a rejected message to the list owner?

Sagy Volkov sagyvolkov at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 01:48:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

Mailman version version 2.1.9.cp2, this is running on a hosted environment.
Basically my goal is simple, I need to reject/discard/not allow any non
members from sending emails to my mailing list email address, but, I also
need to the list mods to receive all reject/discard/not allowed emails.

When looking at "*Privacy options" -> "Senders filters" I have the option to
send a reject no***tice to non members, but I only have an option to send
discard posts to the list mods, no options to send automatic reply to
discard emails, so it looks like I have two halves of a solution but no way
to "connect" these halves.

I ask the company who's hosting this machine, if I can forward the mailman
email address to another address (either some external address outside of
the list or one of the members) and they say it can not be done.
Not having full access to the system (I run this thing through cPanel), I'm
a bit confused about their reply.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sagy Volkov