[Mailman-Users] Disable monthly membership reminder

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jun 2 23:25:35 CEST 2008

Bill Honneus wrote:

> Anyone know how I can disable the monthly membership reminder email that
> gets sent out to all members of a mailing list?

For an individual list or lists, set send_reminders to No under
Notifications on the list's General Options page

To make this setting the default for new lists (no effect on existing
lists) set

DEFAULT_SEND_REMINDERS = No

in mm_cfg.py.

To totally disable the sending of reminders for the site, comment out or
remove the cron/mailpasswds entry from Mailman's crontab.