[Mailman-Users] New install problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 3 05:09:35 CEST 2008

John Lieber wrote:

>I've got a fresh new install on an Ubuntu Server 8, Mailman version
>2.1.9 (installed from apt). Agent is Postfix
>

>I have the list installed and appears to be running.  Mail sent to the
>list shows up in the archive.  However the members are not receiving any
>mail from the lists.  Checked the spam filter/bucket.
>

>I can send mail from the host...

See
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Troubleshooting-++No+mail+going+out+to+lists+members>.
Since posts are being received and archived, the problem is in
outgoing message processing. Focus on OutgoingRunner, Mailman's error,
smtp and smtp-failure logs, and Mailman's out queue.

Also make sure that the list members have delivery enabled and are not
set to 'digest' mode.