[Mailman-Users] Lists break when "host_name" is removed

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jun 3 10:57:38 CEST 2008

Hi Mark,

--On 2. Juni 2008 18:22:09 -0700 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
>|
>| every once in a while one of our list owners shoots themselves in the
>| foot by deleting the value in "host_name". That breaks the list almost
>| completely. Is there a way for us to override that setting, so that list
>| admins can't change it or the changed value isn't used?
>
> Probably the easiest way is to find the following lines in
> Mailman/Gui/General.py and remove or comment them out.

thanks, that did the trick. As a follow-up now I wonder how I can determine
if that setting has been changed. The "config_list -o" command doesn't seem
to print it!? I'm a bit worried that there may be time bombs, i.e. lists
that have been misconfigured when that GUI option still existed. The way it
is now I wouldn't even be able to confirm that, it seems.
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK