[Mailman-Users] Messages have stopped getting delivered to mailing lists

Williams, Theona tw150001 at ncr.com
Thu Jun 5 17:53:18 CEST 2008

I have reviewed several of the previous posting on this problem but do
not find a resolution. I have been using Mailman version 2.1.9 for about
3 months. A few days ago, mail delivered to all mailing list began to
bounce. I have not made any changes but I believe the mailman user id
was altered by the system administrator to add a password was added. I
have updated the mailman user to not require a password.  I have ran
check_perms and found a few errors which were corrected.  I have checked
the etc/aliases file and all entries appear to be fine.  The aliases
file does not appear to have changed. See below example of entry:

# mailman aliases

mailman:            "|/u001/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"

mailman-admin:      "|/u001/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman"

mailman-bounces:    "|/u001/mailman/mail/mailman bounces mailman"

mailman-confirm:    "|/u001/mailman/mail/mailman confirm mailman"

mailman-join:       "|/u001/mailman/mail/mailman join mailman"

mailman-leave:      "|/u001/mailman/mail/mailman leave mailman"

mailman-owner:      "|/u001/mailman/mail/mailman owner mailman"

mailman-request:    "|/u001/mailman/mail/mailman request mailman"

mailman-subscribe:  "|/u001/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe mailman"

mailman-unsubscribe:"|/u001/mailman/mail/mailman unsunscribe mailman"

I then restarted sendmail and mailman but I am still receiving the below
errors.

Error messages in /var/log/mailman/error file:

Jun 05 08:35:02 2008 post(15152): post script, list not found: mailman

I have checked the mailman lists folder and it contains the following
files

-rwxrwxrwx    1 mailman  mailman       238 Apr 16 06:36 request.pck

-rw-rw----    1 mailman  mailman      3772 Jun  5 08:00 config.pck.last

-rw-rw----    1 mailman  mailman      3772 Jun  5 09:00 config.pck

 I am able to subscribe to the lists via the web and receive the
confirmation email but I am not able to send any email to the mailing
lists.  I received an undelivered message. Sendmail on the server is
working fine, if I send a mail directly to a unix user it is received.
Could you please let me know what could have gone wrong? Any help would
be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

 Theona Williams