[Mailman-Users] msg_header

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 11 18:09:24 CEST 2008

Guilherme Funchal wrote:

>I need use* msg_header setting , if I send message from Outlook this setting
>not show in list message.
>How do this ?
>My settings :
>**include_rfc2369_headers = 1
>**msg_header="my message"

First, be sure you are seeing this behavior on messages received
somewhere other than gmail. See <http://wiki.list.org/x/2IA9> for why.

If you enable content filtering and accept only text/plain, that may or
may not help depending on what the exact issue is. Settings would be
along the lines of

filter_content - Yes
filter_mime_types - empty
pass_mime_types -
collapse_alternatives - Yes

If this doesn't work or is not acceptable, then we need to see the
results of the following test to understand what the problem is.

  Send a short message with no private information to the list with a
Bcc: to yourself (at a non gmail address). Post the raw source of the
both Bcc: message and the message as received from the list back to
this list. It's OK to edit any email addresses - what we really need
to see are the Content-Type headers of the message and all the body

How you view the raw source depends on your mail client. In
Thunderbird, for example, just select the message and View -> Message

With MS Outlook, you need to set something in the registry before
downloading the message. See