[Mailman-Users] How to enable VERP?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Jun 17 06:15:49 CEST 2008

On 6/17/08, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>  When I look at the letters I receive from my list they do not have
>  my subscription address in the `Return-Path` header, so I suspect
>  VERP is disabled.

Correct.

>  I have placed the following in `/etc/mailman/mm_cfg:`
>
>     VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = Yes
>     VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes

Here are all of the VERP* definitions from Defaults.py that you can
consider changing:

VERP_PROBES = No
VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = No
VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = No
VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 0
VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = No

And here are the settings for personalization:

VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = No
OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = No

If you change any of these, make sure to stop and restart Mailman for
them to take effect.

>  But I also see options about list personalization. Do I need to also
>  enable that stuff?

Yes.