[Mailman-Users] Web UI request

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Wed Jun 18 17:41:55 CEST 2008

On 18-Jun-08, at 11:24 AM, Dragon wrote:

> Mark Sapiro mentioned in another post that the web UI is in need of
> an update/overhaul.
>
> I'd like to make one feature request for that which came to light
> with a bunch of non-technical users on one of my lists.
>
> It is not obvious from the list information page how one would
> obtain a password reminder. You have to click the "Unsubscribe or
> edit options" button to get to the page with the password reminder
> button. This really needs to be FAR more obvious. It really should
> be an item on the very first page a user sees.

Agreed!  And thanks for mentioning it -- the more user input we get,
the better!  It's a bit hard to make everything obvious on that first
page, but I'd definitely like to see us improve the functionality for
existing members (right now the page is clearly optimized for new
subscribers).  Would it make more sense to have just a giant
"existing list members click here" and a separate page that's
targetted at existing members, or do you think we can do both things
in one place? Saving that click can be a big deal...

Hmmm... now you've got me thinking about it again.  Perhaps some good
will come of this. ;)

  Terri