[Mailman-Users] Muti-Mailman install

Brad Knowles brad at python.org
Fri Jun 20 20:35:43 CEST 2008

Charles Marcus wrote:

> I am *not* arguing for changing the default - whatever gave you that
> idea?????

You may say that, but then virtually everything else you wrote was in
strong, even violent, support of changing the default.

So, what am I supposed to believe -- the tiny little disclaimer, or the vast
bulk of what you write?

> Are you seriously suggesting that the mere fact that you posted from an
> @python.org address is supposed to mean something to the average list
> participant here? I rarely even look at the original posters address,
> and even if I had noticed it, it wouldn't have meant anything to me
> other than you have an email address @python.org.

And you don't ever look at the signature block, either?

Do you drive on the roads like you drive your computer?  By not looking or
paying any attention whatsoever to any of the signs or signals?  Does your
insurance company know about this?

> That said, if this really was a subtle way for you to intend to be
> speaking from a position of authority, then maybe you should read things
> a little more carefully before you threaten someone on a public list
> from such a position.

It wasn't a threat.  It was a statement of fact -- continued arguing with us
on a subject considered long since dead is likely to have results that
you're probably not going to like.

And that's the last I'm going to say on this subject.  Anything further on
this subject will be action, and no words involved.

--
Brad Knowles <brad at python.org>
Member of the Python.org Postmaster Team & Co-Moderator of the